La Salle Institute is seeking a qualified and experienced boys basketball coach for the upcoming season. The ideal candidate should have prior experience as either a coach or player, have exceptional leadership and communication skills, a deep knowledge of basketball and a positive and energetic attitude. The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree, hold a valid CPR/AED/First Aid Certification and have a deep understanding of La Salle’s mission and philosophy.
Additional job responsibilities are, but are not limited to the following:
- Developing workout and training regiments and oversight
- Monitoring student athlete academic progress
- Work closely with the school Athletic Director and Principal
- Support and adhere to the mission and values of La Salle Institute
- Plan and schedule practices and games
- Develop, construct and maintain a competitive boys basketball program.
Founded in 1850 by the Christian Brothers, La Salle Institute is a college preparatory school for boys and girls in grades 6-12. A Catholic school in the Lasallian tradition, located in Troy, NY, La Salle’s mission is to provide a balanced, holistic education through excellent academic and extracurricular programs that promote leadership, responsibility, and service. La Salle is accredited by the Middle States Association for Colleges and Schools.
La Salle Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as soon as possible to:
Mr. Kevin Galuski
Director of Athletics
La Salle Institute
174 Williams Rd
Troy, NY 12180