You are here
International Program Application Process
Step One: Interview Stage
- Contact Ms. Mia Wu or Dr. Hong Yuan, the Directors of International Recruitment, to receive an application.
- Schedule a parent interview with Ms. Mia Wu or Dr. Hong Yuan to determine parental support for the application and to answer any questions with regard to La Salle Institute's International Program.
Step Two: Application Stage
Please submit the following items to La Salle with a non-refundable $200 USD money order:
- Completion of the application, which includes your son's personal essay
- A minimum of two teacher recommendations to include Math and English teacher
- Copy of student's passport
- Official School Transcript from past two years and present year (must be translated and evaluated for La Salle)
- A copy of the official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language Test (TOEFL)
- Current physical and immunization requirements
If the interviews and application information provided indicate the student meets the academic and personal requirements for admission, a letter of acceptance will be issued.
Step Three: Acceptance/Registration
This is a rolling admissions program with a limited number of seats. Completion of the registration process secures admission for the 2021 - 2022 school year (we are full for the 2020-2021 school year). Once you are registered and a host family assigned, La Salle will issue your I-20.
Registrations should be completed by mid February for the following school year.
- Completion of La Salle Institute's Registration Form
- Wire transfer a non-refundable registration fee of $2,000, which will be applied toward your son's tuition
If your Visa application is denied, your registration fee, less a processing fee of $200, will be refunded on return of your I-20.
Step Four: Enrollment
- Completion of the Enrollment Form
- Official Physical Examination Form (signed and dated by a physician)
- Medical History Form for our Health Office and Completed Liability Waiver
- Immunization records meeting New York State requirements (signed and dated by a physician)
- Completion of the Minor Student Information Medical and Liability Release and Consent for Use of Image forms
- Host Family Interview and Selection
- Wire transfer of the full or initial tuition payment with a signed Refund Policy Agreement