You are here
International Program Application Process
Step One: Interview Stage
- Contact Ms. Mia Wu, the Director of International Recruitment, to receive an application.
- Schedule a parent interview with Ms. Mia Wu to determine parental support for the application and to answer any questions with regard to La Salle Institute's International Program.
Step Two: Application Stage
Please submit the following items to La Salle with a non-refundable $200 USD money order:
- Completion of the application, which includes your son's personal essay
- A minimum of two teacher recommendations to include Math and English teacher
- Copy of student's passport
- Official School Transcript from past two years and present year (must be translated and evaluated for La Salle)
- A copy of the official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language Test (TOEFL)
- Current physical and immunization requirements
If the interviews and application information provided indicate the student meets the academic and personal requirements for admission, a letter of acceptance will be issued.
Step Three: Acceptance/Registration
This is a rolling admissions program with a limited number of seats. Completion of the registration process secures admission for the 2017-2018 school year (we are full for the 2016-2017 school year). Once you are registered and a host family assigned, La Salle will issue your I-20.
Registrations should be completed by mid February for the following school year.
- Completion of La Salle Institute's Registration Form
- Wire transfer a non-refundable registration fee of $2,000, which will be applied toward your son's tuition
If your Visa application is denied, your registration fee, less a processing fee of $200, will be refunded on return of your I-20.
Step Four: Enrollment
- Completion of the Enrollment Form
- Official Physical Examination Form (signed and dated by a physician)
- Medical History Form for our Health Office and Completed Liability Waiver
- Immunization records meeting New York State requirements (signed and dated by a physician)
- Completion of the Minor Student Information Medical and Liability Release and Consent for Use of Image forms
- Host Family Interview and Selection
- Wire transfer of the full or initial tuition payment with a signed Refund Policy Agreement