June 12, 2012
Dear Parents and Guardians,
La Salle Institute’s Summer Reading Program is an essential tool in helping students achieve academic success.
This year’s titles have been selected by members of our English and Social Studies departments.
For your convenience the Summer Reading List can be obtained by
- Each student is required to read BOTH books listed for the grade he will be entering in September.
- Advanced Placement (AP) students will need to read the books listed for each AP course they will be taking
in addition to the books listed for the grade they will be entering.
- Advanced Placement (AP) U.S. History students should
to read the letter outlining their summer reading project.
The project is mandatory for all students entering Advanced Placement (AP) U.S. History.
It is to be completed in addition to the books assigned for grade 11.
- The Advanced Placement (AP) U.S. History project is also open to any interested high school student.
The project would be in addition to all other Summer Reading requirements.
- All students will be tested on Summer Reading on the first full day of classes in September.
We wish all families a safe and happy summer.
English Department Chairman